Favorite Storybooks

These were my favorite Storybooks from the previous classes:

Tales of Kailasa:

Mount Kinnaur Kailash
This topic was new to me, I was unfamiliar with the story and the characters that were introduced in the introduction of this storybook. The title of the storybook was intriguing enough, I didn't know who Kailasa was so there was an element of mystery for me, but it also didn't give away too much information. I knew Kailasa was involved and I would read some tales concerning this (I later found out) mountain, but that was it. The introduction was very well written and prompted me to continue reading the first few posts by the author. The design of the blog was my favorite part. All of the colors corresponded with the pictures and that was very soothing for me, which made reading the posts that much more interesting.

Hello, when am I?:

Image courtesy of Scooter Lowrimore

The title of this storybook was what prompted me to click on it. Again, the title gave just enough information to peak my curiosity (I figured it was a story concerning time travel or something of that nature), but it didn't give away the story. It was a good, original story line and the author did an excellent job of grabbing my attention in the introduction and ending on a cliff hanger that left me curious. The navigation and overall structure of the blog was solid and easy to follow.

Indian Horror:


Although I am not a horror junkie by any means, the idea of blog posts that might keep me awake at night was intriguing. The idea of horrifying things happening in small town America, as set up by the author, was what made me pick this one. I just recently finished reading Stephen King's IT which has similar content structure so naturally I wanted to keep reading. The introduction was just that, a page that introduced me to what the following stories would be pertaining too. It didn't give anything away, but kept me wanting more. The structure of this posting was simple, but still elegant in its own right. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future who-knows-what

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: King Yudhisthira's Horse